Chi Running combines the principles and inner focus of T'ai Chi with running to create a revolutionary running form and running philosophy that reduces impact and makes running a safer sport.
Chi Running applies simple laws of nature and physics to align your body and your motion to cooperate with the natural forces all around us. Chi Running is based on postural alignment combined with muscular relaxation. Chi Running teaches us to be more process-orientated, with more focus on how we are running, instead of primarily goal-orientated, where our main focus is the grasping for expectations of speed or distance at the expense of our overall health.
Chi Running makes running accessible and appealing to new runners, to people who have stopped running due to injury, to those who are concerned about the potential for injury, to anyone who wants to have a competitive edge, and to those who appreciate a mindful approach to their fitness program.
Learning and Practicing Chi Running:
- Supporting Products include a Chi Running Book, DVD, Audio CD and Training Program Guides.
- Read the Introduction to the Chi Running Book here.
- Product information available via the Products Page with links to ChiLiving, Inc.
- Consider a Instructional Program described below.
- Group, Private Group and Individual Instruction options are available.
Chi Running Instructional Programs:
Programs are structured in various formats depending on content and time restraints.
Some typical Chi Running Program formats are:
- 1hr. Introductory Workshop
- Level 1 Workshop
- Individual Private Workshop
- Tune-up or Special Topics Sessions
Chi Running Introductory Workshop:
- An interactive presentation introducing the key principles of Chi Running and Chi Walking.
- Presented at stores, health clubs, workplaces or your next club or group meeting ...
- 60 minutes.
Chi Running Level 1 Workshop Description:
In this workshop you will learn the basic ingredients of the Chi Running® Technique.
We will be guiding you through many exercises and drills designed to leave you with a clear sense of what the Chi Running technique feels like in your body. We will not be doing lots of running (contrary to what you might imagine), so no matter what condition you’re in, have no fear. We will spend the day alternating between demonstrations, fun exercises and technique drills…the nature of the day will be relaxed, full, and inspiring.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
• The Keys to Effortless, Injury-free Running
• The Physics of Running: Run without Using Your Legs
• Chi Running® versus Power Running
• Introduction to the Chi Running® Form
• Posture, Lean, Lift
• Personal Check-in Tricks and Tools
• Learning to Use Your Gears
• Core Muscle Drills and Exercises
12:00 – 12:30pm Bring your lunch and join us for a half hour of informal questions & answers
1:00 am – 3:30 pm
• Pre-run Body Looseners, Post-run Stretches
• Run Various Speeds While Conserving Energy
• Build Your Running Program with 4 Essential Workouts:
• Interval training (for technique)
• Hills (for adaptability)
• Tempo run (for efficiency)
• Long slow distance (for aerobic conditioning)
• Video gait analysis (learn from seeing yourself in slow motion)